Skip to content
Page load link
- Experience – Sunnyland Mills is the oldest producer of bulgur wheat in the Western Hemisphere, using a time-tested recipe that originated in the Middle East.
- Specialization – Sunnyland Mills is the only full-time bulgur operation in the United States.
- All Natural – We never use chemicals, additives or artificial ingredients.
- Quality Ingredients – Sunnyland Mills uses only special varieties of wheat to make its traditional bulgur products:
- Our bulgur wheat is guaranteed to be free of any rancid, bitter or other ill-tasting flavors as it uses white wheat, typically called a “sweet wheat,” which does not contain the tannic acid that imparts a bitter taste and is found in bulgur made with red wheat.
- Bulgur made from white wheat absorbs water at a uniform rate when soaked or cooked, providing predictable results and consistency in preparation of recipes. Other products absorb at different rates causing some particles to be mushy and others undercooked when prepared.
- Unique – Sunnyland Mills’ bulgur is distinguished from other bulgur wheat by:
- Color: Sunnyland Mills’ traditional bulgur is a light golden-tan color, whereas other bulgur made from red wheat is characteristically brown or dark.
- Size: Sunnyland Mills’ painstakingly sifts its bulgur into uniform particle sizes that provides for consistent water absorption resulting in a superior appearance than other bulgurs that are rough cut and include small and large particles in the mixture.
- Smell: Sunnyland Mills’ bulgur has a mild, slightly nutty aroma, whereas other bulgurs have a dense, less delicate profile.