Whole Wheat Bulgur Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3/4 cup cooked #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice about 1/2 of a lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Splenda brown sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg slightly, stir in milk, canola oil, lemon juice and zest. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Stir wet mixture and bulgur wheat into dry ingredients. Do not over-mix.
- Fill lined or greased muffin cups 2/3 full, approximately 1/4 cup of batter. Bake 15-20 minutes.