This easy, nutritious bulgur wheat with kale from Everyday Healthy Recipes comes together in as little as 15 minutes!
Bulgur wheat has a pleasant, mildly nutty flavour which goes well with a huge range of flavours. Buy bulgur it here
- 1 cup uncooked #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 150 g kale finely chopped (2-3 cups)
- 5 shallots finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter or a splash of coconut milk
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
Place the bulgur wheat in a medium bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over and cover it completely. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
While the wheat is rehydrating, in a large pan heat up the oil, add the shallots and garlic, stir and fry for about 2 minutes over a medium-low heat. Add the kale, cover and simmer for about 6-7 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, add the butter/coconut milk and combine with the bulgur wheat. Stir and season to taste. Serve hot