Tuna Bulgur Salad - Microwave
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 green onions sliced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1-1/3 cup seedless cucumber diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 6-1/2 oz. canned chunk tuna drained and flaked
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Serve this main course in hollowed-out tomato cups or lettuce-lined pita pockets.
- In an 8 cup casserole, combine water, bulgur and salt; cover and microwave on high until boiling, about 6 minutes. Stir; let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Add onions, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and tuna; toss well. Toss with oil and lemon juice; season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.