Tomato Bulgur Soup with Warm Spices
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth divided
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup uncooked #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1 14-oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. feta cheese crumbles optional
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup broth to a simmer. Add onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent and tender. Stir in coriander and cinnamon and cook 1 minute. Add bulgur and toast for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the remaining 3-1/2 cups broth and tomatoes with their juices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Stir in lemon juice; garnish with parsley and feta.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.