- 1-1/2 cups Sunnyland #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 2 cups chicken broth – low salt
- 2 cups green onions (sliced (whites and greens))
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (toasted or caramelized pecans)
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbs. sesame oil
- 1/8 tbs. ground pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Pinch of dried cayenne pepper (ground)
- A definite showstopper! This recipe is memorable and will have your guests asking for it. The addition of the crunchiness of the pecans with the astringency of the cranberries gives this recipe pizzazz. You will love this creative form of Tabbouleh.
- Toast the bulgur wheat lightly in a nonstick skillet over medium heat (stirring constantly until golden brown). Pour bulgur wheat into hot chicken broth (very slowly), stir only once; cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let liquid absorb until bulgur wheat is al dente. Remove cover and let cool.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Let the flavors marry! Make 6 hours before or 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Per Servings Nutrition Info:
200 cal; (80 from fat); 9g total fat; (1g sat fat); 5g prot; 26g total carb; 0mg chol; 160mg sod; 6g fiber; 7g sugar
Nutritional analysis for these recipes may vary slightly depending on choice of ingredients.