- 1 cup #1 fine or #2 medium bulgur
- 3 tbsp. minced green onion and tops
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 fresh Anaheim (California) chili
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or salad oil
- 8 flour tortillas or 4 pocket breads
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Mix bulgur and water. Let stand until bulgur is soft to bite, about 2 hours; drain well. Stem, seed, and chop chili; mix with bulgur, oil, lemon juice, onion, mint, and salt and pepper to taste. Wrap tortillas or pocket bread halves in foil. Place in a 350° oven until warm, 5 to 10 minutes. Mound bulgur on a platter; place condiments alongside. Spoon bulgur onto tortillas or into pocket bread and top with condiments; wrap tortilla around fillings. Condiments: Offer 1 large firm-ripe tomato, cored and chopped; 1/4 pound feta cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes; 1 cup alfalfa sprouts; and about 1 cup unflavored yogurt.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.