Spinach & Bulgur Risotto
- 2 cups #3 coarse bulgur
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups baby spinach (trimmed)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add spinach over high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let sit.
- Cook onion in the butter in a saucepan until softened. Add bulgur, saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the wine and stir. Add broth cup by cup and continue stirring. Cook until bulgur is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. Stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese, add salt, sugar, pepper, and olive oil. Serve risotto warm, sprinkled with grated Parmesan on top.
Recipe from Nursen Dogan’s Turkish Kitchen