Savory Grano Pie (Torta Salata de Grano)
- 1 1/4 cup grano or Pearled Soft White Wheat ND
- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heapinggrated Parmigiano cheese
- A small bunch parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Combine 10 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and Grano in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until Grano is tender but still chewy, about 30-35 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine Grano with the remaining ingredients except the butter and the bread crumbs. Use them to lightly grease and coat a 9-inch pan, pour the Grano mixture into it, and bake it in a 370°F oven for about 40 minutes. This will work well as a second course, with a tossed salad.