- 1 package (1 tbsp.) gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups cooked #3 coarse bulgur
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup vanilla
- 1 /2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- Blend in saucepan gelatin, sugar. Stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice. Heat just to boiling. Cool. Add pineapple, bulgur, vanilla and stir in milk. Chill until thick but not firm. Fold in 1/2 cup heavy cream. Turn into mold which has been rinsed with cold water. Chill until firm. Unmold and garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and a few mint leaves.
- To cook bulgur: Add 3/4 cup dry bulgur to 1 1/2 cups boiling water; stir. Turn down to simmer for 30 minutes. Drain excess water.