Organic Whole Wheat Bread (for Professional Bakers)
- 3 lb. 4.9 oz. organic whole wheat flour 100 Bakers %
- 2 lb. 10.3 oz. water 80 Bakers %
- .35 oz. instant yeast .67 Bakers %
- 1 lb. 1.6 oz. #2 medium bulgur wheat 83.33 Bakers %
- 3.5 oz. rye meal 16.67 Bakers %
- 2 lb. 6.8 oz. water (hot) 183.33 Bakers %
- 1 lb. 1.6 oz. organic whole wheat flour 11.63 Bakers %
- 8 lb. 6 oz. King Arthur Special flour 88.37 Bakers %
- 6 lb. 13.3 oz. water 72.9 Bakers %
- 7 oz. instant yeast .47 Bakers %
- 5.3 oz. salt 3.49 Bakers %
- 5 lb. 15 oz. Preferment 62.79 Bakers %
- 3 lb. 11.9 oz. soaker 39.53 Bakers %
- Preferment: Four (4) hours prior to mixing the final dough, prepare the preferment by mixing all the ingredients. Final dough temperature should be 77 degrees; set aside.
- Bulgur Wheat Soaker: Blend bulgur wheat and rye meal with hot water; set aside.
- Final Dough: Mix all ingredients except the salt and soaker on first speed for about four minutes. Mix on second speed for two to three minutes to develop the dough. Add the soaker and salt, mix on first speed until incorporated. Final dough temperature should be 77 degrees.
- Bulk ferment the dough for two hours with a fold at one hour. Divide the dough into 1-lb. pieces, let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Shape into batards and place seam-side up on highly floured canvas. Proof for about one hour.
- Score the loaves and bake at 440 degrees with initial steam for about 20 minutes
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.