New Testament Bulgur and Lentils
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onions
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 stalks stalks celery sliced
- 4 artichoke hearts (canned) chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup lentils rinsed
- 1/2 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add tomato, celery and artichoke hearts; sauté for 5 more minutes. Add water, lentils, bulgur, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; let boil for 5 minutes then turn heat down to simmer for 25 more minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain excess water; refrigerate.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.