Napa Valley Grape and Bulgur Salad
- 1 cup Sunnyland #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth - low salt
- 3 cups grapes - red and green cut in thirds
- 2/3 cup red onions chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 4 oz. package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup almonds sliced, toasted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper fresh ground
- 2 tsp. orange peel finely shredded
- Who doesn't like the Napa Valley in the Fall? The soft afternoon light and aromas of ripening grapes in the vineyards set the perfect stage for this sweet and healthy twist on Tabbouleh. Have a glass of wine and take yourself on a mental walk through the vineyards!
- Toast the bulgur wheat lightly in a nonstick skillet over medium heat (stirring constantly until golden brown). Pour bulgur wheat into hot chicken broth (very slowly), stir only once; cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let liquid absorb until bulgur wheat is al dente. Remove cover and let cool.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing and toss until well coated; cover and chill.
- Let the flavors marry! Make 6 hours before or 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
- To serve: Cut up romaine lettuce and serve Napa Valley Grape Salad on top and garnish with the toasted almonds.
Per Serving Nutrition Info: 320 cal; (140 from fat); 16g total fat; (5g from sat fat); 13g prot; 35g total carb; 20mg chol; 740mg sod; 7g fiber; 12g sugar Nutritional analysis for these recipes may vary slightly depending on choice of ingredients.