Multi-Grain Bulgur Bread
Servings 2 loaves
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup bran
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 tbsp. molasses or honey for milder taste
- 1-1/2 tbsp. safflower oil
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Combine boiling water with bulgur, millet, molasses and oil. Cool to room temperature. Add first 10 ingredients in the order listed to the pan, pour in cooked grain mixture. Add to bread mixer or knead manually.
- After second kneading, remove dough from machine, divide into 2 equal portions and place in small loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise to double, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.