Moroccan Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup Sunnyland #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth – low salt
- 8 medium size steamed beets
- 2 cups steamed carrots (sliced)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. cumin
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- The flavors of North Africa are exotic and tantalizing. Take a visit to this part of the world by enjoying this simple and wholesome recipe.
- Toast the bulgur wheat lightly in a nonstick skillet over medium heat (stirring constantly until golden brown). Pour bulgur wheat into hot chicken broth (very slowly), stir only once; cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let liquid absorb until the bulgur wheat is al dente. Remove cover and let cool.
- Separately steam beets until tender – cube and chill until cold throughout. Separately steam carrots until slightly tender – slice and chill until cold throughout.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Combine all ingredients together and chill.
- Let the favors marry! Make 6 hours before or 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Per Serving Nutritional Info: 190 cal; (100 from fat); 11g total fat; (1.5g from sat fat); 4g prot; 20g total carb; 0mg chol; 210mg sod; 5g fiber; 3g sugar Nutritional analysis for these recipes may vary slightly depending on choice of ingredients.