Mediterranean Whole Kernel KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur Salad
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 sticks diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cooked organic Whole Kernel KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur
- 1 diced red pepper
- Cook the KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat bulgur in a pot with water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until the grains are plumped and a few have burst. Remove from heat. If necessary, drain liquid.
- To prepare salad: Place cooled grain in a salad bowl; add and mix in celery, red pepper, feta cheese, olives, parsley, cilantro, oil and vinegar. Adjust seasonings, adding additional salt and pepper to taste. Let salad stand 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe from KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat International website.