Mediterranean Shrimp with Bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 2 tsp. tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or non-alcoholic wine
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. capers drained
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. uncooked small shrimp peeled, deveined, 30-40 count
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese 2 oz.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling. Add bulgur; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer about 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir tomatoes, 1 1/2 Tbsp. of the parsley, capers, black pepper and red pepper flakes into onion. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Cover; cook 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Stir cooked bulgur into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. parsley.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.