Lime Bulgur Wheat Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 large English cucumber peeled, seeded and diced (or 2 medium garden variety)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup #1 fine bulgur
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium bowl, add the bulgur and lime juice. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and layer as follows: 1) cucumber, 2) salt, 3) onion, cumin, coriander and parsley.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours then remove and add 1/2 cup olive oil. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes and feta and mix all together.
- Serve as a side dish or make it a meal by adding grilled chicken or shrimp.