Lemon Coconut Freekeh Bulgur Cookies
Servings 18 small cookies
- 1/2 cup #3 Coarse Organic Freekeh Bulgur
- 3/4 cup oats or oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup raw agave coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- lemon zest 1-2 lemons
- 1/3 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- To cook Freekeh Bulgur, bring 2-1/2 cups water to a rapid boil; add Freekeh Bulgur. Stir; let boil for 9 minutes. Strain and let cool for 10 minutes. If using leftover Freekeh, warm in a microwave a couple of minutes so it is warm to start.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together agave, lemon juice, lemon zest and coconut oil. In a food processor combine oats, flaxseed and coconut and pulse a few times to break down the oats. Add cooled Freekeh to the food processor and pour wet mixture over the top. Pulse/process until well combined. Drop spoonfuls, one tablespoon at a time, on a baking sheet; leave a small space between each cookie as they don’t spread out when baking. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden on top. Remove from the oven, let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack. If not eating within 24 hours store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.