Lemon Bulgur Timbales with Chives
- 1 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion plus chive blades for garnish
- 6 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 4 1/2 cups #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- zest of 3 lemons peeled and minced fine
- Thin slices lemon for garnish, make sure no white pith is included
- In a kettle cook the scallion in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened, add the bulgur and the zest, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the bulgur with a fork, stir in the sliced chives, and let the mixture stand, covered, off the heat for 5 minutes. Season the bulgur mixture with salt and pepper. Using an oiled 2/3 cup timbale mold and forming 1 timbale at a time, pack the bulgur mixture into the mold and invert it onto dinner plates. Garnish the timbales with the chive blades and the lemon slices.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.