Lemon Bulgur Pound Cupcakes
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon for its zest and juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup #3 coarse bulgur cooled, after cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease cupcake tins.
- Mix together sugar and butter. Add eggs that have been well-beaten, lemon juice and zest; mix well. Add salt, flour and baking powder and mix well again. Add milk; fold in cooked bulgur. Pour batter into greased cupcake tins or paper cupcake holders. Bake for 19-21 minutes.
- To cook bulgur: Using 1/2 cup dry bulgur, bring to a boil in 1-1/4 cups water. Let boil for 5 minutes. Turn down heat to simmer for 12 more minutes; drain and cool.
- Cupcake glaze: 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.