Layered Citrus Beet and Kamut Bulgur Salad
- 4 small assorted beets (red, yellow and candy cane beets)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) #3 Coarse Organic KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sliced green onion
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded beet leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) miso paste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap like colored beets together in foil (red beet color will bleed into the yellow and candy cane beets if wrapped together). Place beets in baking dish and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour until a knife inserts easily into beet. Unwrap beets and let cool until cool enough to handle. Trim ends and remove skins. Slice beets into wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine Kamut Bulgur with 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, transfer to a medium heatproof bowl to cool. Toss in goat cheese, olives, and green onion.
- To serve, arrange shredded beet leaves on a platter, spoon Kamut Bulgur mix in center of the platter and top with beet wedges. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette.
- For vinaigrette, whisk together, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, miso, ginger, garlic, zest and pepper flakes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.