KAMUT ® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat with Avanti Green Chimichurri
- 2 cups KAMUT ® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat
- 3 bay leaves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 2/3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups of radish sliced or julienned
- 1/4 cup of scallions thinly sliced
Avanti Green Chimichurri:
- 1 small shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bunches Italian parsley tough stems removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 or 2 medium serrano chiles
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- In a 275° oven toast KAMUT ® Khorasan Bulgur on a sheet pan for 25 minutes. Stir twice. Put the KAMUT ® Khorasan Bulgur into a glass bowl with 3 bay leaves (optional) and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional) and cover with 2 2/3 cups of boiling water. Cover the bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
For Chimichurri :
- Meanwhile, combine everything except the parsley and cilantro in the jar of a high-powered blender. Blend well and then add the greens by the handful until they are ground down to a fine pesto consistency. You may have to add a splash more water to thin it out to the perfect texture. Taste and adjust seasonings as you wish.
- When cool, combine KAMUT ® Khorasan Bulgur and chimichurri.
- Then stir in : 1 1/2 cups of radish, sliced or julienned; 1/4 cup of scallions, thinly sliced
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.