Try this heart-healthy, fresh twist on Tabbouleh salad!
- 2/3 cup #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 oz Feta, crumbled
- 2 oz pomegranate seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Bring the bulgur wheat and stock to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, covered.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered until cooled slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well and roughly chop.
- Mix the kale into the bulgur wheat along with the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Serve warm or chilled.
You can find bulgur wheat here