Italian Bulgur Soup
- vegetable oil spray
- 1-1/2 cups summer squash
- 10 ounces lima beans
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes - canned low-salt, undrained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese slivered
- Fresho ground black pepper
- Summer squash: coarsely chopped summer squash (yellow zucchini) or crookneck squash or diced winter squash such as butternut, zucchini.
- Lightly spray a nonstick 5-quart soup pot with vegetable oil. Add the squash, lima beans, onion, bulgur, parsley, garlic, and basil and saute over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, adding a tablespoon or two at a time of water to present sticking. Add the tomatoes, 3 cups water, boullion cube, and bring to a boil. Add parmesan cheese and salt, if using, and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 251 calories; 2g gat (5% calories from fat); 14g protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 1mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.