Herbed Bulgur Pilaf
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup #1 fine or #2 medium bulgur
- 1/2 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- pinch of salt optional
- ground black pepper
- Parmesan to top optional
- Coat a medium no-stick sauce pan with no-stick spray. Add the scallions and carrots. Mist with no-stick spray. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables release moisture.
- Uncover and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the scallions are golden. Add the bulgur and herbes de Provence. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bulgur is lightly toasted.
- Add the water, parsley and salt (if using). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the bulgur is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork. Season to taste with the pepper; serve sprinkled with Parmesan if desired
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.