Hearty Whole Grain Salad
- 1 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 4-6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 10-12 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2-4 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tbsp. mint (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine bulgur and water in bowl; let stand until bulgur is soft – about 1/2 hour. In large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add bulgur, toss lightly until dressing is well distributed.
Variations: Be adventurous – add other fresh vegetables to the chopped mixture. Some include zucchini, summer squash, edible weeds or basil.