Hearty Whole Grain Salad
- 1 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 4-6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 10-12 radishes thinly sliced
- 2-4 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tbsp. mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine bulgur and water in bowl; let stand until bulgur is soft - about 1/2 hour. In large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add bulgur, toss lightly until dressing is well distributed.
Variations: Be adventurous - add other fresh vegetables to the chopped mixture. Some include zucchini, summer squash, edible weeds or basil.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.