Green Bean and Broccolini Tabbouleh
- 2 cups cooked #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 2-1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup green beans topped and tailed
- 1 bunch broccolini cut into small florets
- 1 cup flat-leafed parsley chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup roast hazelnuts skinned and chopped roughly
- 4 tbsp. unrefined hazelnut oil or olive oil
- 3 tbsp. raspberry vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- First, prepare the bulgur by placing 1 cup dry bulgur into a pan with a teaspoon of salt. Pour the 2-1/4 cups of vegetable stock over the top and bring to a boil so that all the liquid is absorbed, around 15 minutes. Lightly fluff with a fork and set aside to cool. Blanch the beans and broccolini separately in a pot of boiling water for a minute or until al dente. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Slice each bean finely, then toss together with the broccolini into the bulgur, adding parsley and chopped hazelnuts. Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, garlic, black pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Pour over the salad, toss it and allow it to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Can be eaten at room temperature or chill for better flavor.