Grano and Blueberry Salad
- 3/4 cup grano or Pearled Soft White Wheat ND
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Spinach leaves
- Combine 6 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and Grano in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until Grano is tender but still chewy, about 30-35 minutes. Drain well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine the blueberries, chilled Grano, celery, onion and dill in a medium-size bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, dry mustard and paprika. Toss dressing with Grano salad. Serve on a bed of fresh spinach leaves.
- Adapted from a recipe by Betsey Kurleto in The Detroit News Food section, June 17, 1997.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.