Go-for-the-Grains Casserole with Bulgur
- 1-3/4 cups (15 oz. can) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (2 small) thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley or pearled wheat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 2 oz
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine beans, carrots, corn, broth, barley, 1/3 cup parsley, bulgur, onion and garlic salt in 1-1/2 quart baking dish; cover.
- Bake, stirring once halfway through cooking time, for 50 to 60 minutes or until barley and bulgur are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 210 calories, 4 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 10 mg chol, 510 mg sodium, 37 g total carb, 9 g fiber, 4 g sugars, 9 g protein.