Freekeh Bulgur and Arugula Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic Freekeh Bulgur
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- red wine vinegar
- One part #3 coarse Freekeh bulgur to three parts water.
- Bring water to a boil; add bulgur, boil for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover; let stand for 5 minutes; drain excess water.
- While the Freekeh is cooking, make the dressing. Mix about 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard with about a 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. Add the juice of half the lemon, then about 1/2 cup of the extra-virgin olive oil and a large pinch of salt. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- When the Freekeh is ready, toss it in a bowl with the dressing, arugula and dried cranberries. Add more lemon juice, salt, vinegar or olive oil to taste. Serve; garnish individual servings with feta and avocado.