Fennel and Grano Salad
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cups grano or Pearled Soft White Wheat ND
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 11- oz can mandarin orange sections drained
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. salad oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fennel seed crushed
- leaves Cabbage or kale optional
- Combine 6 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and Grano in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, for a total of about 30-35 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the rice, and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or more until Grano and rice are tender. Drain off any excess liquid. Cool mixture.
- In a large bowl gently stir together the Grano mixture, orange sections, and broccoli mix. Set aside.
- For dressing, in screw-top jar combine vinegar, salad oil, sugar, and crushed fennel seed. Pour the dressing over Grano mixture.
- Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens recipe.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.