Cold Freekeh Bulgur and Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic Freekeh Bulgur
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. agave
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Black pepper and Himalayan Pink sea salt (to taste)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil; add the Freekeh Bulgur and cook for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover; let stand for 5 minutes; drain excess water. Next, steam the broccoli and green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, then shock them in an ice bath and cut into bite-size pieces. Halve the tomatoes, chop the parsley, and cut the red peppers into ½-inch pieces. Once the Freekeh Bulgur is cool, stir in all vegetables and the garbanzo beans.
- For the dressing, juice the lemon and add the agave, mustard and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and add salt and black pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad and mix well. Finally, refrigerate for a few hours to meld the flavors.