This is a truly yummy, and oh so easy, dinner.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the carrots, onion, nuts, caraway seeds and cumin until onion starts to brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in bulgur. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the raisins, salt, cinnamon and chicken. Cover and simmer until bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes.