Bulgur with Creamy Zucchini Sauce
Servings 4 people
- 2 lbs. zucchini cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 1/2 cups #3 course bulgur wheat
- 3 cups boiling water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place bulgur in large ceramic bowl, top with boiling water. Cover with lid or plate and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Mix the zucchini with oil, paprika, salt, and pepper and spread onto a large non-stick baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes, until soft and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place all of the sauce ingredients into a medium skillet, stir, and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Add the baked zucchini to the cream-sauce and mix.
- Divide the bulgur between 4 bowls and pour a generous amount of the sauce over each. Garnish with chopped herbs, and enjoy!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.