- 1 cup #3 coarse uncooked bulgur wheat
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup cucumbers (diced)
- 8 ounces feta (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup scallions (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (minced)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place bulgur wheat and chicken broth in a small stock pot and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place wheat in a large bowl to cool slightly.
Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss gently with the bulgur wheat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you don’t plan to eat immediately, you may wish to reserve a bit of the lemon juice and olive oil to dress the dish before serving. Otherwise, the bulgur wheat will absorb some of the vinaigrette over time.
This can be stored in an air-tight refrigerated container for up to 7 days.