Bulgur Stuffed Fish Rolls
- 4 4- oz. fresh flounder or Sole fillets
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 2/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- non-stick cooking spray (PAM)
- 2 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Dash of ginger
- Thaw fish, then rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- STUFFING: In a medium saucepan combine the water and the bulgur. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until tender. Stir in the carrot and onion and cook about 5 minutes longer. Drain any excess liquid and then stir in the orange peel, salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the stuffing onto each of the 4 fish fillets and roll each one around the stuffing. You can secure the fillets together with toothpicks. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking dish with the non-stick cooking spray, then arrange the fish rolls in the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat the orange juice concentrate, butter and ginger until the butter is melted. Brush mixture over the fish rolls.
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes. You can serve the fish rolls with any extra stuffing.
Recipe submitted by Leanna Scalf from Tennesee, October 2000. Thanks Leanna!