- 1 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 medium-size carrots chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 finely-minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Vegetables should all be cut diagonally in Oriental style and in similar size pieces. Bring water and bulgur to boil in saucepan. Salt lightly and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Meanwhile, brown meat in large frying pan; salt lightly and add ginger. Remove cooked meat from pan and keep warm. Remove any grease from pan and keep warm. Remove any grease from pan and add oil. Over medium-high heat, add carrots to hot oil and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions, broccoli, celery, and garlic. Stir fry 3 to 4 minutes more. Vegetables should be crisp when dish is served. Add cooked bulgur and meat and stir in bean sprouts while mixture is heating. Add soy sauce (and salt) to taste.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.