NANCY MONTUORI of The Ordinary Vegan has a lot to say about her love of bulgur. It is “One of the Best Foods For Weightloss!” Read her article here. Not only is it packed with vitamins and fiber, it is a delicious and versatile plant-based whole grain.
This beautiful photo of her Tomato Cucumber Bulgur Salad speaks for itself!
Tomato Cucumber Bulgur Salad with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 cup of #3 coarse bulgur – you can buy it here
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10-ounces of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced and diced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup water + 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Add 1 cup bulgur to 2 cups salted cold water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain off excess liquid. Makes 2 to 2½ cups cooked bulgur.
- Combine 2 cups of the cooked bulgur with the tomatoes and and cucumber.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.**note: if you want to add some olive oil to this vinaigrette – add it in the end and process a few more seconds. I personally don’t use a lot of oil but if you miss this ingredient, feel free to add it – all you need is a tablespoon or two**
- Combine a few heaping tablespoons of the vinaigrette to the bulgur mixture. Taste and keep adding until it is dressed. I don’t like to overdress this salad so I would add a little at a time.
- Garnish with some extra chopped mint and parsley.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.