Bulgur Indian Pudding
- 1 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 1/4 tsp. each cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup large can evaporated milk, mixed with 1of water
- Bring bulgur and water to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce from heat and cover. Cook at a slow simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in butter or margarine; return cover and let pan stand 10 minutes off the heat. Add molasses, butter or margarine, evaporated milk mixed with water, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, sugar, and raisins (optional). Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 325°. Remove cover and continue baking bout 45 minutes more. Serve with whipped cream topping or ice cream.
Cooked bulgur should be put into a greased 2 quart casserole before adding the above ingredients.