Bulgur & Hominy Salad
- 2 cups regular-strength chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 oz each) golden hominy drained
- 1 tbsp. mustard seed
- 1/4 cup lightly packed minced parsley
- 1 tsp. dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- Napa cabbage leaves rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 1/2 to 1 cup thinly sliced red radishes
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups stemmed and rinsed seedless green grapes
- 1 tbsp. rinsed and drained green peppercorns
- In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart pan, bring chicken broth to boil with mustard seed, thyme leaves, and fennel seed. Stir in bulgur, vinegar, and green peppercorns. Cover pan; remove from heat, and let mixture stand until bulgur is tender to bite--about 30 minutes. Pour the seasoned bulgur into a bowl and mix with hominy; cover and chill. Mix salad with parsley; season to taste with salt. Mound onto a platter or in bowl lined with cabbage leaves; top with radishes and grapes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.