Bulgur, Garbanzo and Tomato Summer Salad
- 1 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley Italian
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce Tabasco
- Dash of pepper
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans drained
- 3 6 in. pita bread rounds each cut into 4 wedges
- Combine bulgur and water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Add the tomato and next 9 ingredients (tomato through garbanzos); stir well. Cover and chill. Serve with pita bread.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 336 calories, 55.2 g carbohydrates, 1 mg cholesterol, 10.8 g fat, 472 mg sodium. Adapted from Cooking Light recipe.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.