Bulgur, Celery and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 garlic clove (mashed to a paste with a little coarse sea salt)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup high quality olive oil
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Sunnyland bulgur wheat
- 1 small bunch celery (leaves trimmed, stalks sliced thinly on the bias)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup picked flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup picked fresh dill (or 1/8 cup dill weed)
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until mixed well. Taste and add additional salt if desired, then set aside.
- Put the bulgur in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow the bulgur to sit about 20 minutes – it will be soft but still have some bite to it. Drain excess water and allow to cool to room temperature. Add the celery, pomegranate seeds and walnuts, pour the dressing over and stir to blend. Add the parsley and dill and gently stir. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.