Bulgur and Brown Rice Apple Pilaf
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage crushed
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 apples or pears cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup regular brown rice
- 2 tbsp. snipped parsley
- In a medium saucepan bring water and bouillon granules to boiling. Stir in the bulgur, brown rice, dried minced onion, and sage. Return rice mixture to boiling; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer about 35 minutes or until the grains are tender. Stir in the apples or pears. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until apples or pears are tender. Drain off the excess liquid, if necessary. Stir in parsley.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.