Bravo KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur Broccoli Tabbouleh
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth - low salt
- 2 cups small broccoli heads
- 4 cups Mann's Sunny Shores Broccoli Coleslaw or 4coarsely chopped raw broccoli stems carrots and red cabbage
- 1 cup green onions whites and greens
- 3.5 oz. crumbled feta cheese - reduced fat
- 1/4 cup fresh dill - chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro - chopped
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds or a mix of any raw seeds
- 1 fresh lime - squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves medium garlic- chopped fine
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- This Italian twist on a Middle Eastern recipe is like the mixing of the cultures that has occurred for centuries in the Mediterranean Sea. Take a trip to Southern Italy in your mind as you savor the creative blend of flavors.
- Toast the KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat bulgur lightly in a nonstick skillet over medium heat (stirring constantly until golden brown). Pour bulgur into hot chicken broth (very slowly), stir only once; cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let liquid absorb until the bulgur is al dente'. Remove cover and let cool before combining all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Combine all ingredients together and chill.
- Let the flavors marry! Make 6 hours before or 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Per Serving Nutrition info: 260 cal;(140 cal from fat); 16g total fat;(3.5g sat fat); 12g prot; 27g total carb; 10mg chol; 700mg sod; 7g fiber; 3g sugar Nutritional analysis for these recipes may vary slightly depending on choice of ingredients.