Bok Choy Skillet Supper
- 2 tsp. garlic-flavored olive oil divided, plus more for drizzling
- 8 oz. button mushrooms sliced (2 cups)
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 shallots finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup mushroom broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme plus 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 4 small bok choy halved
- Bok choy halves are steamed over bulgur as it cooks for a one-pot meal that can go directly from stove to table.
- Heat 1 tsp. garlic oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to plate. Add tomatoes to skillet, cut side down, and cook 2 minutes or until browned; transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp. garlic oil to skillet. Stir in shallots and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in bulgur until grains are coated with oil. Add broth, thyme sprig and 1-1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange bok choy halves on top of bulgur with leaves pointing outward (like spokes in a wheel). Sprinkle mushrooms and tomatoes between bok choy halves. Cover and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and drizzle with garlic oil.