Whole Grains are getting more and more attention each day as we continually learn about their nutritional properties and health benefits. Whole grains provide B vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin which play a key role in metabolism – they help the body release energy from protein, fat, and carbohydrates. B vitamins are also essential for a healthy nervous system.
Here are more health benefits of eating grains according to Healthline
- High in nutrients and fiber
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Lower your risk of stroke
- Reduce your risk of obesity
- Lower your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Support healthy digestion
- Reduce chronic inflammation
Keep in mind that at least half of all grains you eat should ideally come from whole grain sources.
You should have 7 ounces, or 1 cup of grains per day.
Only go for products that say “100% Whole Grains,” and read nutrition and ingredient labels. Don’t be fooled by words like “multigrain,” and “12-grain”
You can buy BULGUR WHEAT on Amazon