A Summer Whole Wheat Salad (Insalata D'Estate)
- 3/4 cup grano or Pearled Soft White Wheat ND
- 6 ripe tomatoes diced
- 15 black olives pitted and cuthalf, the sweet kind
- 10 leaves basil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil you may want more
- Salt and shredded red pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, olive oil salt and red pepper, and let them sit for at least a half hour.
- While they're sitting, combine 6 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and Grano in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until Grano is tender but still chewy, about 30-35 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir the Grano into the tomatoes, add the olives, check seasoning, and serve.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.