Cinnamon Banana Breakfast Bulgur
Move over cream of wheat, this luscious banana bulgur is taking your place! Add a few crunchy walnuts or pecans for a healthier take on banana bread! One glorious cook suggests trying it with almond milk – yum!
Get the recipe here on Neighborhood Food Blog. Photo by Courtney
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, plus more for serving
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- Place the bulgur, almond milk, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide mixture between bowls. Top with sliced bananas, an additional sprinkling of cinnamon, and more almond milk, if desired.
Bulgur Vegetarian Chili
As temperatures start to drop, a good hearty chili hits the spot. This vegetarian version is made with bulgur wheat and beans and is topped off with fresh herbs, red onion and chocolate!
As Erin of Naturally Ella says, “Keep chili simple and let the bulgur be the star.”
Grab the recipe here on Naturally Ella.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium parsnip (roughly 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Pinch of cloves
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15- ounce can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- Chop the onion, garlic, and jalapeno into large chunks. Place in a food processor and pulse until everything is minced. Drain any liquid that may have formed.
- Heat a stockpot over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion mixture. Cook until onions are fragrant and transparent, 5 to 6 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the parsnip into large chunks and pulse in the food processor until the pieces are the same size as the bulgur. Transfer to the pot with the onions.
- Stir in the bulgur and spices, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until you can smell the spices. Add in the tomatoes, chocolate, and 2 1/2 cups of the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir in the kidney beans, cover, and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. Bulgur should be tender. Taste and adjust the salt/seasoning. Add more vegetable broth if a thinner consistency is desired.
Hanger Steak with Warm Bulgur Salad
Deliciously made with Bulgur wheat and a dash of cinnamon.
Find the recipe here on Food and Wine. This one has received rave reviews!!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.