100% Whole Grain Bulgur Pilaf
- 3 tbsp. light butter
- 1/4 cup Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat spaghetti (thin style) broken in small pieces
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2-1/4 cups water
- 3 tbsp. chopped onions
- 3/4 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- salt and pepper if desired
- An excellent complement to shish kebab, steaks, roast, poultry, stuffed cabbage rolls or stuffed bell peppers. Heat in a heavy skillet butter, spaghetti and chopped onions. Saute until lightly browned, stir to avoid scorching. Add bulgur and brown rice. Saute a few seconds longer. Add chicken bouillon cubes (dissolved in the water) and salt and pepper if desired. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally. Bulgur pilaf may also be baked in the oven. After adding liquid and seasoning and brought to a boil as above, the mixture is then poured into casserole dish, cover and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350F. Remove cover, stir and leave in oven for 10 more minutes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.